Friday, October 2, 2009

Better breathing!

At midnight a lot of fluid was drawn from Mom’s lungs, & earlier at about 4 pm more had been drawn from the other side. This will help Mom’s overall oxygenation. No wonder she’s been coughing so much! The suctioning made her throat sore & she told me so. A cardiologist will review her condition & medications tomorrow & make any needed changes. She is receiving medication for heart arrhythmia and others for heart health maintenance. Today Mom also sat on the side of the bed - a good amount of activity.

Mom gave me some advice today! She said I am overqualified for my job & to make sure I don’t get stuck there. She said not to work overtime this week but to take overtime after that for the money. I reassured her that Davin and I were seeing to her financial matters as well as the details of her insurance and benefits. Mom also opened cards from Benita Woody, Susan Buhr, and from Gloria, Dave, Allaina, Bruce & Provence from NSIDC. She was so happy to read those and know friends were thinking of her.

No comments:

Post a Comment